SHARE YOUR STORY
Use #CATHOLICTOO to share your story of exclusion, rejection, abuse, or violence in the Catholic Church.
Add #CHURCHTOO to also share your story with the wider community.
Commit to public action by a) listening to women, b) believing women, c) respecting women, and d) treating women as equals created in God’s image.
SHARE your commitment publicly.
Use hashtags #IWill #CatholicToo
- #IWill confront patriarchy and ask difficult questions.
- #IWill teach the language of consent to my children.
- #IWill minister to women and those who have been abused.
- #IWill make space for stories of abuse.
- #IWill challenge my faith community to be self-reflective in the ways it perpetuates abusive culture and behavior.
- #IWill break the silence on abuse and subordination of women.
- #IWill challenge myself to examine my own behavior and relationships.
- #IWill apologize.
- #IWill seek resources and help to leave abusive behaviors behind.
- #IWill seek resources and expertise I need to heal.
- #IWill practice self-care when triggered or exhausted.
Engage your faith community
- #WeWill make our Church a sanctuary for survivors and silence breakers.
- #WeWill examine our leadership structures and power dynamics to remove barriers for reporting.
- #WeWill listen to women and empower all people as equals.
- #WeWill reflect on institutionalized sexism, misogyny, classism, racism, and homophobia that perpetuate a culture of abuse.
- #WeWill practice radical inclusion and transform our liturgy and prayers to affirm all people.
- #WeWill reject patriarchy and refuse to replicate it.
- #WeWill teach loving consent, respect, and moral autonomy.
- #WeWill continue the conversation until it brings action and justice to our Church and world.