Commit to action!
SHARE your commitment with others.
Use hashtags #IWill #CatholicToo
- #Iwill confront patriarchy and ask difficult questions.
- #Iwill teach the language of consent to my children.
- #Iwill minister to women and those who have been abused.
- #Iwill make space for stories of abuse.
- #Iwill challenge my faith community to be self-reflective in the ways it perpetuates abusive culture and behavior.
- #Iwill break the silence on abuse and subordination of women.
- #Iwill challenge myself to examine my own behavior and relationships.
- #Iwill apologize.
- #Iwill seek resources and expertise I need to heal.
- #Iwill practice self-care when triggered or exhausted.
Engage you faith community
- #WeWill make our Church a sanctuary for survivors and silence breakers.
- #WeWill examine our leadership structures and power dynamics to remove barriers for reporting.
- #WeWill listen to women and empower all people as equals.
- #WeWill reflect on institutionalized sexism, misogyny, classism, racism, and homophobia that perpetuate a culture of abuse.
- #WeWill practice radical inclusion and transform our liturgy and prayers to affirm all people.
- #WeWill reject patriarchy and refuse to replicate it.
- #WeWill teach loving consent, respect, and moral autonomy.
- #WeWill continue the conversation until it brings action and justice to our Church and world.